Senior Valve Design Engineer
This new role covers design, development, prototype-production and testing of new ball and gate valves as well as work on the existing product portfolio. The role will include interaction with both our sales and operational teams and you will join a team of experienced and dedicated engineers. As Design Engineer you will take ownership of multiple projects undertaking all engineering activities relating to each project including calculations, producing drawings, Bills of Materials, documentation and resolving issues that arise at all stages.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and verification of new Valve Designs (design, calculate, produce reports and manufacturing documents).
- Review Technical specifications and recommend the correct designs.
- Sales support when needed.
- Technical Documentation.
- Minimum education to Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSc Eng). From a relevant field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience (5 years designing valves).
- Excellent Knowledge of Subsea/Topside valves.
- Wide experience with instrument actuated valves calculation and specification.
- Excellent Knowledge of materials specifications common to the Oil & Gas industry.
- Knowledge of valve production, assembly and testing.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor Professional, Autodesk Vault, Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical.
- Experience with FEA/CFD is an advantage.
- Comfortable speaking and writing in English at a technical level.
What we offer
- Varied and interesting tasks in a company specialized in valves for the Upstream market.
- Career and development opportunities in a truly international environment.
- We have an informal and stimulating working environment with high technical standards.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Good pension- and insurance schemes.
Place of work: Ågotnes. 25 minutes from Bergen, Norway.
We look for self-motivated, hardworking and dedicated people who want to reap the rewards of working with Norvalves, if that’s you then please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the position, please contact Bjarte Grevle, COO, +47 908 26 923 or Paul Charles Redfern, CEO +47 911 00 443